The Hole is a 2001 psychological horror film directed by Nick Hamm, based on the novel After the Hole by Guy Burt.
Nick Hamm’s thriller sees public school student Thora Birch desperate for the attention of Desmond Harrington. Fellow pupil Daniel Brocklebank suggests the pair plus two other friends bunk off a geography school trip and sneak off to a disused bomb shelter for three days where she’ll have a chance to make her move. But after three days, Brocklebank isn’t back to release the four and, as the days go on, the four are, literally, dying to get out and is told in flashback by one survivor.
- Chris Massoglia as Dane Thompson
- Haley Bennett as Julie Campbell
- Nathan Gamble as Lucas Thompson
- Teri Polo as Susan Thompson
- Bruce Dern as Creepy Carl
- Quinn Lord as Annie Smith
- John DeSantis as Monster Dad
- Merritt Patterson as Jessica
- Chelsea Ricketts as Whitney
- Chord Overstreet as Adam